HIMA was founded by Bernd Hieber and Ralf Maier in 1991. Since then, HIMA has grown steadily and has meanwhile developed into a mid-size company with 30 employees and a state-of-the-art production facility. This is an optimal situation, both for us and our customers.
Our innovative manufacturing techniques guarantee the highest degree of reproducible accuracy. The experience and well-organized production steps at highest quality standards have made HIMA a globally sought-after partner in the industry. In order to achieve new standards with regard to quality and value, and to convince our customers of the results, HIMA works with a dynamic and experienced team. All our employees deploy their commitment, professional competence and enthusiasm in creating tailor-made solutions for our customers.
HIMA – your reliable partner for innovative flat rolling dies
- Your specialist for new and further development of rolling dies
- Experienced full-service provider with a worldwide customer base
- Customer-oriented, partnership-based collaboration for custom solutions
- Complex, maximum accuracy constructions of utmost precision
- Production on state-of-the-art 5 axis machining centers with automation and CNC profile grinding machines with up to 6 axes
- Quality assurance through various calibrating machines and optical video measurement testers
- Well-stocked raw material warehouse: from standard 1.2379 material via various high-speed steels to highly-cultivated PM steels
- Exclusive vacuum hardening with specially designed programs
- Application-optimized coatings for substantial service life improvement
- Seamless traceability
- ERP system with PPS and BDE adapted to the product
- Warehousing linked to the ERP system in a closed warehouse lift
- Test and pre-production rollers up to 230/255 mm
- 2,500 pairs of rolling dies per month
- Certified according to ISO 9001: 2008 and environmental certification according to EMAS (contains ISO 14001)
- 1991: Bernd Hieber and Ralf Maier founded HIMA – the Hieber Maier GmbH Metallbearbeitung.
- 1993: We move into a new hall. The focus is on the production of rolling dies.
- 1998: Demand is growing and thus the production hall as well. We move into the first 600 m² area at the current location.
- 2002: The production area is expanded by a further 400 m².
- 2005: HIMA is certified according to ISO 9001.
- 2012: Bernd Hieber takes over the company as the sole managing partner.
- 2014: HIMA receives EMAS environmental certification and is expanded again: the production area is expanded to 1600 m². Added to this is a new administrative building with 240 m².
- 2015: A new ERP system is implemented.
- 2018: HIMA receives the EJOT Supplier Award.
- 2019: Yannik Hieber becomes a further managing director.
- 2021: HIMA celebrates its 30th anniversary and expands its production area by another 1000 m².
Our Mission Statement
HIMA has invested considerable dynamics and passion to position itself internationally in the branch as a reliable partner with an innovative portfolio. What distinguishes us is that we are able to pinpoint the key issues in a targeted way in order to develop the most accurate and sustainable solution in the next step. For the implementation of these solutions, highest quality standards and state-of-the-art information technology are deployed – as a matter of course, always within the framework of the set requirements. Open communication and trust are an important foundation for good collaboration with our customers. Our ultimate goal is to create customized, practice-oriented solutions that are wholly convincing for our customers.
At HIMA we know that we owe our success to an outstanding team. That is why we attach great importance to our employees feeling comfortable in our team and that the company social climate is characterized by mutual respect and trust. This includes a pleasant and safe workplace, training and further education opportunities and the reconcilability of career and family.
At HIMA, we see the potential – perhaps still slumbering – in each individual. Therefore, each employee is given a high degree of autonomous responsibility tailored to their respective specialist competency and the corresponding task area. These are the necessary prerequisites for the development of personal potential and the development of creative ideas and solutions.